What is Montessori
This method of education is both a philosophy of child development and a rationale for guiding such growth. It is based on two important developmental needs of children:
- The need for freedom within limits.
- A carefully prepared environment which guarantees exposure to materials and experiences.
The Montessori method of education is designed to take full advantage of the children's desire to learn and their unique ability to develop their own capabilities.
The main principles of Montessori education are:
- Children are to be respected as different from adults and as individuals who differ from each other.
- Children possess an unusual sensitivity and intellectual ability to absorb and learn from their environment that are unlike those of the adult both in quality and capacity.
- The most important years of children’s growth are the first six years of life when unconscious learning is gradually brought to the conscious level.
Would you like to learn more about our approach?
Please contact us on +44 1449 775333 or use our contact form.